Snow-removal equipment part of proposed Las Cruces budget
LAS CRUCES — Two winters of colder-than-usual weather and snow has factored into the city’s preliminary budget approved Monday by city council.
The council voted 6-0 to accept a $299 million budget for the city’s 2013 fiscal year, beginning July 1. Included in the budget, for the first time ever in the city’s 160-plus years of existence, is equipment that could be mounted to two four-wheel drive pickup trucks that would enable those to also be used as snow plows.
The line item budgets $5,000 to purchase plows and equipment
that would spread salt or sand.
“During the past two winters, we’ve realized the need for that equipment,” City Manager Robert Garza said. “We grew more and more uncomfortable watching city employees slinging salt and sand out of the back of a pickup truck. That had to be hard on them, and I know it was hard to watch.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Climate Scientists Conversing
- “Yes, Antarctic sea ice is melting faster than ever before”
- Prayers For Caesar
- “wettest day on record”
- Scientific American Wants To “jeopardize rain and crops”
- October 14 Eclipse
- Not A Billion Dollar Disaster
- 1,039 New Coal Fired Power Plants
- Please Enter The Boxcar Peacefully
- Forecasting Climate Change
- The Miracle Of Life
- Toto’s Announcement
- The Safe Climate Of 1903
- The Manchurian Billionaire
- Left Wing Hero Of 2014
- Erasing The Hiatus
- Journalism Past Its Final Decades
- Assessing Government Climate Agencies
- Rapidly Changing Climate
- 100 Fifteen Minute Cities
- The World Began In 1981
- Some Carbon Is More Equal
- Dangerous Assault Rifle
- Climate Expert Zelensky
- Tropical Heat Of August/September 1895
Email SubscriptionJoin 1,923 other subscribers
Chris Barron on Climate Scientists Conversing John Williams on Prayers For Caesar Kent Clizbe on Scientific American Wants To… Morgan Wright on Scientific American Wants To… TimC on Please Enter The Boxcar Peacef… Disillusioned on Forecasting Climate Change Walter on 4-9 Degrees Warming At The Gre… Bob Greene on Dangerous Assault Rifle Morgan Wright on Scientists Are Alarmed vuurklip on Government To Save Us From Glo…